Project: “Development and Experimental Verification of Design, Analysis and Optimization Technologies towards Composite Manufacturing of Automotive Suspension Control Arm”
Funding: The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) Full-time position of post-doctoral research fellow Sabancı University Integrated Manufacturing Research and Application Center (SU IMC) (fixed-term contract, 18 months).
Job Description: Sabancı University invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship to support the TUBITAK-funded project with the following objectives:
1. Development of innovative mechanical simulation methods for structural analysis of composite suspension arms.
2. Development of novel optimization methodologies to determine the most effective fiber orientation of the arm.
3. Prototype manufacturing of the composite suspension arm after its mechanical design-analysis-optimization.
4. Performance verification of the composite arm through conducting various mechanical tests and structural health monitoring on the composite prototypes with FBG sensors.
The post-doc fellow is expected to support members of the research team in analyzing and optimizing structural performance of the suspension-control-arm for its manufacturing from composite materials. To this end, he/she will use either in-house finite element codes or ANSYS and transform the outcomes of the analysis/optimization into research papers and academic publications. He/she will also be in charge as research manager, supporting the SU Faculty Member, Asst. Prof. Dr. Adnan Kefal, in coordinating all research activities. The fellow will have also the opportunity to develop personal research leveraging the project’s data.
Required Skills: Expertise in computational mechanics, modelling/analysis, laminate optimization, finite element coding, ANSYS Workbench/Mechanical APDL, composite manufacturing, capacity to work in English, proven publication record.
- PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering or other Engineering Sciences
- Excellent English in writing and communication
The application must include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Motivation letter
Applications must be electronically submitted before 1 st March 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position starting immediately after fulfilling the requirements.